Sunday, December 29, 2013

It is not a quick fix







I have a secret to share with you. No it's not a diet pill. No it's not a magic drink that will make all your fat fall off overnight (though Shakeology is awesome, nothing can do that). No you can't eliminate one type of food out of your diet and lose 100 lbs without changing anything else. The secret is.... that there is no secret. Sucks, huh? You have all the knowledge you need to lose weight right now...at this EXACT moment. Think about it! You know you need to eat healthy to lose weight, right? You need to eat lean meats and fresh veggies and fruit, and you aren't doing that right now, or at least not as well as you could be. You also know that you need to exercise and burn calories to lose weight. You need to be active. Ta da! Your secret formula has been revealed. Now, I know you are rolling your eyes at me. Just like I would have been a year ago if I had just read this, but that truly is the only way it is going to work. It isn't magic. The hurdle we all have it that we want it to be easy. We don't want to work for it, but it takes a lot of dedication and hard work to do it. That doesn't mean that you can't lose weight, it just means that you are going to have to work hard to do it. And it is going to TAKE TIME. You didn't gain 20lbs eating a doughnut, you gained that weight eating multiple doughnuts, so it makes sense that it is going to take multiple workouts to burn it off you again. The problem isn't that people don't know how to lose weight, the problem is that we aren't willing to put in HARD WORK and stick with it for a long period of time. That's why it is a lifestyle change and not a diet, because you need to find a healthy alternative to how you have been living that you can do from now on because it takes time. You will quit a diet that makes you miserable after a week and it has done you no good. Every positive change is a step in the right direction, just keep making those steps until you find a median that you can stick with long term. There are some things that are considered unhealthy by other people that I can't live without, I'll be honest, and the main one is coffee. I love coffee. I can't seem to function without it, and I like it sweet with creamer. I would never be able to give up sugar like other people, I've tried. But just because I don't want to give that up doesn't mean I can't eat healthy during my day. You have to find a plan that fits YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment